Inexpensive USB sound card solution for Windows Server 2019

Thought I would give this a test. I have this simple and inexpensive USB sound card that I bought quite some time ago and I was wondering if this would work on Windows Server 2019 OS.



I plugged in the USB sound card into the server and very quickly, the device is detect and the driver was installed automatically. The USB sound card is ready for use in less than a minute after plugging in. No additional driver installation needed. Basically, plug and it will play.


From the Device Manager



This USB sound card has onboard buttons for, Volume Up and Down. Audio Output Mute and Mic Mute.


Although, on the device it says “7.1 channel audio”, I doubt that it is possible with this sound card. The audio output from the 3.5mm audio out sounds clean and noise free. The audio output quality is nowhere near that of Creative Sound Blaster surround that I have, but it is decent enough for general audio.

 


This cheap USB sound card uses the C-Media sound chip. It’s a cheap and simple way to add audio for my server.


If you are looking for a cheap sound card solution for your server, you can take a look at Amazon or Aliexpress to pick one up.


Shop for one on Aliexpress or Amazon

If the above links are broken, you can try these links Aliexpress or Amazon.


That’s it.

Hope this helps.

 

Comments