Strapping on a Canon E1 Hand Strap

Just to share with you folks on how this seeming simple to use but slightly complicated to attach E1 Hand Strap. It took a while for me to secure the E1 Hand Strap onto my Canon 40D, but it turn out that i had strap it in a wrong way after i found the below guide.

Do take note that if you choose to use the Hand Strap, you will still be able to secure your neck strap. There is another condition for using the Hand Strap, if your Canon camera is not a EOS 1D series, you will need to mount a Battery Grip in order to use it. These are the few that require a battery grip - D60, D30, 1000D, 450D, 400D, 350D, 300D 5D, 50D, 40D, 30D

For me, i had to mount my battery grip on my 40D before i could use the Hand Strap. But in the end, i still prefer the neck strap. Just make sure you are comfortable with whatever strap you choose.

Have Fun.

Click on the image to get a better view.

Comments