Does the Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro THX run on Windows Server 2019?

If you already have a Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro THX or thinking of getting one and you are wondering whether it will run on Windows Server 2019 OS.  Good news, it will run on Windows Server 2019. It did on my server.

After running a trial test to upgrade my OS from Windows Server 2016 to Windows Server 2019, the SB X-Fi Sur continue to run without any issue.

As I have not testing installing the driver from scratch, I suspect that the driver installation would be the same as the steps that I have written about in this post.

If you are doing research to find out if it will work on Windows Server 2019 before upgrading, well, it worked for me. Most likely it will also work for you.

That’s it.
Hope you find it useful.

Comments